Warning: The following post may induce massive caloric intake. Proceed with caution!
Keeping things chill, today I’m going to share a list of my favorite Disney frozen treats. Each and every one is a great way to cool down on a hot day while you’re running from attraction to attraction or more often in my case – from show to show!
Nobody does dessert like Disney and these are the ones I simply cannot resist!
- Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar
- Hard-frozen vanilla ice cream, covered in chocolate, on a stick
- It’s a classic and it’s available all over the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- If you need an “on-the-go” cold snack, this is simply the best!
- Sunshine Tree Terrace – Citrus Swirl
- Orange slush with vanilla soft-serve ice cream
- Sorry, I’m not a pineapple fan, so the Citrus Swirl wins out over the Dole Whip for me every time!
- This refreshing snack is available in Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom – I would gladly go to Walt Disney World just to have a Citrus Swirl!
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop – Fudge Mud Slide
- A brownie covered with Hot Fudge, vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookies, and whipped cream topped with chocolate syrup and a cherry
- It’s worth the extra travel time from one of the Walt Disney World parks to Disney’s Beach Club Resort for this decadent monster of a dessert! I must confess though – it defeated me and I could not finish it!
- Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue – Chef Cookie’s Deep Dish
- A soft, hot, fresh from the oven deep dish chocolate chip cookie covered with scoops of vanilla ice cream and hot fudge drizzled on top!
- This one you simply have to share (which is what happened in the picture above!)
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop/Disney Studio Store Hollywood – Pin Trader Delight Sundae
- Two scoops of ice cream, choice of topping with whipped cream, Mickey sprinkles and a cherry (note: the picture above is a pared-down version without all of the toppings)
- This non-park treat tops the list although happily you can find Ghirardelli ice cream sundaes at both Disneyland Resort (in Disney California Adventure) and Walt Disney World Resort (at Disney Springs fka Downtown Disney)
- But the Hollywood, California location next to Disney’s El Capitan Theatre beats them both since it exclusively offers this delicious dessert that comes with a free Disney limited edition pin (pin selections change regularly)!
This is my current list of favorites, but there are still plenty of sweet snacks at both Resorts that I have yet to try. So I’m hoping at some point there will be a sequel to this post – since nothing entertains my tummy like a delectable Disney delight!
What is your favorite Disney frozen treat?