British Revolution was one of the few acts to survive the recent massive overhaul of EPCOT World Showcase entertainment that resulted in the departures of many popular performing groups including Canada pavilion’s beloved Off-Kilter (to be featured next week!).
I’m relieved and happy that these guys are still performing as they were a definite must-watch when I’ve visited EPCOT. I hadn’t even planned to stop the last time I visited the World Showcase but hearing that they were playing as I was passing through the United Kingdom pavilion, the lure of their music and their energy was too great and I had to go and watch and sing along and yes, maybe dance a bit off to the back!
They play a fun selection of music from various British rock icons ranging from The Beatles to The Who to Queen and I can’t pay a higher compliment than to say that they made me stop and watch them and I just had to groove along with them. That’s the definition of great entertainment for me. I really liked these guys a lot each time I saw them and would definitely recommend stopping by the UK Pavilion at EPCOT to check them out!
But if you’re looking for an additional, wider range of music this summer, you might also want to head for the America Gardens Theater at the American Adventure in World Showcase from June 7 to July 25 where several tribute bands will be participating in the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series!
This year’s bands include tributes to Journey, U2, The Eagles and more! Each week a different band plays three shows per night, so if you’re going to be at EPCOT this summer, go and get your rock on!
The current schedule for the series (as with all things Disney, it is of course subject to change):
- DSB: A Tribute to Journey – June 7 to 13, 2015
- 2U: A Tribute to U2 – June 14 to 20, 2015
- Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot: A Tribute Billy Joel Show – June 21 to 26, 2015
- Don’t Look Back: A Tribute to Boston – June 27 to July 4, 2015
- Fire & Ice: A Tribute to Pat Benatar – July 5 to July 11, 2015
- Stayin’ Alive: A Tribute to the Bee Gees – July 12 to 18, 2015
- Hotel California: A Salute to the Eagles – July 19 to 25, 2015
Have you been to see British Revolution or any of the tribute bands at the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series? Which band(s) do you enjoy listening to?
Update 4/8/16: And here’s the 2016 Sounds Like Summer lineup!
- Don’t Look Back: A Tribute to the Boston – June 5 to June 11, 2016
- Hotel California: A Salute to The Eagles – June 12 to June 18, 2016
- Rumours: A Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band – June 19 to June 24, 2016
- Simply Tina: A Tribute to Tina Turner – June 25 to July 1, 2016
- Stayin’ Alive: A Tribute to The Bee Gees – July 2 to July 9, 2016
- Bruce in the USA: A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen – July 10 to July 16, 2016
- DSB: A Tribute to Journey – July 17 to July 23, 2016