Continuing the celebration of Mary Poppins this week, let’s take a look at the various places one can find Mary Poppins and her friends at the parks!
Here are some places to check!
- While Mary Poppins and Bert can often be found strolling around Main Street, U.S.A. as well as in Fantasyland, the best place to find them stopping for a Meet & Greet is at the Refreshment Corner Café (or “Coke Corner” as it’s often called). If they are going to be out for the day, this is the first place I’d look for them as they tend to stand outside next to the Ragtime Piano to pose for pictures and sign autographs.
- The Pearly Band! Mary Poppins and Bert can sometimes be found performing in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle with this band from the film!
- Parades and shows! Mary Poppins is one of the large cast of characters who can be found waving from the Mark Twain during the finale of Fantasmic! She and Bert also get a showstopping number in the afternoon Mickey’s Soundsational Parade as the pair ride on carousel horses followed by a float filled with chimney sweeps! And if it’s chimney sweeps you’re after – SPOILER ALERT – be sure to check out the Disneyland Forever Lights Display as you may spot some dancing along the tops of buildings during the show!
- Or if it’s just a bit of Mary Poppins theming you’d like to enjoy – stop by the Jolly Holiday Bakery Café at the end of Main Street, U.S.A. where the decorations reflect special touches from the film.
Walt Disney World Resort
- Arrive early and see the Magic Kingdom opening ceremonies where characters welcome their guests into the park for the day. This can often include Mary Poppins who rides the train into the station at the entrance and then exits into Town Square afterwards!
- Mary Poppins does a Meet & Greet at the UK Pavilion. Check your daily Times Guide for the schedule!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Take in The Great Movie Ride which features the scene from Mary Poppins where she is dancing on the rooftops with chimney sweeps! Also, when I was there (though this may have changed with the recent updated theming for this attraction), one of the carousel horses from the film was on exhibit here!
Grand Floridian Resort Hotel
- Book an Advance Dining Reservation for the Supercalifragilistic character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare restaurant at this resort hotel and you will likely have Mary Poppins visit your table along with other Disney characters!
As you can see, there are many opportunities to have a jolly holiday with Mary – whether you’re in Anaheim or Orlando!
Have you seen Mary Poppins at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World Resorts? What was your favorite place to see her or her friends?