Continuing to celebrate this most villainous season, I thought I would share with you a list of my Top 10 favorite Disney Villains from the movies!
When I started to think about it though, this list was actually rather difficult to narrow down, as there are a lot of great villains out there!
However, since lists like these are always completely subjective, and since this one is about the lawless rule-breakers, in their naughty honor, I shall include villains that are part of the extended Disney movie family too. Just because I can and I like them!
So here we go…
10) Bowler Hat Guy (Meet the Robinsons)
- The poor misunderstood villain – or should that be – SPOILER ALERT!!! – wearer of the villain?!?! I simply cannot help but love a man with an evil hat.
9) Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog)
- And speaking of villains to love – he likely has a potion for that, but with all of his Friends on the Other Side, you’re still more likely to fear him than love him! And yet, I still kinda do…
8) Si & Am (Lady & The Tramp) / Lucifer (Cinderella)
- Evil kitties! No… SERIOUSLY evil kitties! Possibly the most devious creatures on this list. Because kitties! And evil! They want to hurt babies and mice! Bad kitties! Bad!
7) Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)
- Because Wonderland. That is all. (And really, if you read this site regularly, you were expecting her to show up on the list, weren’t you?)
6) Yzma (The Emperor’s New Groove)
- Oh, the wicked awesomeness and hilarity that is Yzma! In all forms but especially as a kitty. Or is that as a Kitt? She’s brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! And oh so fabulous! Plus bonus sidekick Kronk!
5) Hades (Hercules)
- No one blows out the sarcasm meter better than that snarky Lord of the Underworld. Though really – it’s a small underworld after all… Arguably one of the funniest comedy character performances outside of Genie (Aladdin). Just enjoy an extra earful of all the zingers from this one next time you watch!
4) Scar (The Lion King)
- Pure Shakespearean villainy! I could listen to his dulcet tones for ages, but would still keep an eye on him at all times. He’s not one to turn your back on.
3) Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
- Greatest of all the animated Disney villains, bow to the dark fairy and make sure you invite her to your party lest you risk bringing out her dragon side!
2) Darth Vader (Star Wars)
- Sorry, but I grew up on Star Wars as well as Disney, and there is no bigger bad than that wielder of the dark side of the Force, Darth Vader! Well, except maybe…
1) Loki (Marvel’s The Avengers)
- Chaos creature and brother of a god, Loki is the ultimate bad boy – but really, is he such a bad guy? I think not! And he’s definitely the villain that I’d most like to Meet & Greet at a Disney park, too!
And now I’ll add in two more for honorable mention, although they belong to the television side of the Disney family. But no list of favorite Disney villains could possibly be complete without the Evil Queen herself, Regina, and the (former?) Dark One, Rumplestiltskin from ABC’s Once Upon a Time!
Is there a villain you think should have made the list but didn’t?