A lot of times when you think about a visit to a Disney Park, you think about the money you’re going to spend there.
Whether it’s on collectible merchandise or special dining options, there are always ways to entice you to part with extra funds at the parks. But there are also a surprising amount of free things you can get at the parks, too.
Here are a few of them…
- Stickers – whether they are thanks for taking research surveys, stopping at a Disney Vacation Club kiosk or just random giveaways from Cast Members, these are popular freebies at the park, but my favorite may be the one you can get from Farley the Fiddler in Frontierland at Disneyland that declares you’ve had “Fun with Farley!”
- Beads – if you stop and listen to the Jambalaya Jazz Band in New Orleans Square, you may have festive Mardi Gras beads tossed in your direction as a token of appreciation
- Jungle Cruise map – ask a skipper outside the attraction in Adventureland and they’ll hand you a printout of a map of the Jungle Cruise rivers if they haven’t exhausted their supply for the day!
- Honorary cards/certificates – if you’re lucky enough to be picked by the Dapper Dans to join them for a song, they may give you a commemorative card signifying you as an honorary member of their quartet; you can also get a Pilot’s Certificate for riding in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain steamboat on the Rivers of America but I’ve never been lucky enough to have the opportunity!
Disney California Adventure:
- Sourdough bread sample – at The Bakery Tour at the Pacific Wharf
- Chocolate square – at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop at the Pacific Wharf
- Free sketch of a Disney character that you drew – at Animation Academy in Hollywood Land
Walt Disney World Resort
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards – definitely one of the coolest giveaways at a Disney Park, if you stop by the Firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A., they will give you a free pack of these playing cards (just a few at a time, but each day you’re at the park, you can get a new set) for their interactive game that allows you to magically “fight” the villains who are trying to take over the park by using these special spell cards in various designated game locations. Extra limited versions of the cards are given away on hard-ticket party nights such as Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
- A Pirate’s Adventure – Treasures of the Seven Seas map and card – another free interactive game you can play starting out at The Crow’s Nest; this game takes place throughout Adventureland and is themed to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
- Kidcot Fun Stops Duffy – your little ones may enjoy getting a cardboard version of Duffy the Disney bear to decorate and take around the World Showcase to have Cast Members stamp the memento at each country representing their “world tour”. Ask a Cast Member in the World Showcase where the Kidcot craft locations are to get these.
All U.S. Disney Parks and Resorts:
- Buttons! Stop at any Guest Relations location (and often, also in stores and dining venues) in a Disney Park or Resort Hotel for a free button and they’ll have one for anything you may be celebrating: 1st visits, birthdays, anniversaries, or just general celebrations – there’s a button for that! If you’re lucky, there are also random button giveaways in the parks to promote new movies or TV shows or attractions, or for special events like park anniversaries or eating at a character meal (such as Goofy’s Kitchen, Minnie & Friends Breakfast, or at the character meal at Ariel’s Grotto at the Disneyland Resort), or even just as special treats from Cast Members – I loved receiving an “Honorary Citizen of Disneyland” button (not sure if these are available at Walt Disney World Resort as well)!
Mousertainment Tip: Here is one thing you CAN’T get, however: Rumors to the contrary, you cannot get a “death certificate” at the Haunted Mansion by asking for one from a Cast Member. Sorry, fake rumor, not true. Don’t bother the nice Cast Members by asking for one.
What is your favorite freebie to get at a Disney Park?