In honor of the birthday of the Mouse that started it all, I thought today would be a good day to run through some of the places where you can see and/or meet with Mickey Mouse himself at both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
I’d suggest trying some of these spots!
- Mickey Mouse can often be spotted in Town Square on Main Street, USA doing a Meet & Greet with guests. But the best place to find him for daily Meet & Greets is in Mickey’s House in ToonTown!
- Mickey Mouse joins the Disneyland Band and the Dapper Dans in a March-Along held generally around late morning or lunchtime each day. While the March-Along is usually announced over the loudspeakers a few minutes beforehand in Town Square, your best bet is to check at City Hall in the morning to ask when it will happen. Mickey also participates in the Soundsational parade (and seasonally he can currently be seen in A Christmas Fantasy Parade).
- Mickey and the Magical Map – watch Mickey Mouse learn the secrets of the map in this wonderful musical theatrical adventure as he aspires to become a fully-fledged mapmaker!
Check your daily Entertainment Times Guide or the Disneyland app for the schedules for the parades and showtimes.
Disney California Adventure
- Mickey Mouse does a daily Meet & Greet on Buena Vista Street.
- Red Car Trolley News Boys – see Mickey Mouse step off the Red Car Trolley in front of the Carthay Circle Restaurant seeking new opportunities in Hollywood Land. As the News Boys tell him – all he really needs is a suitcase and a dream!
- Mickey Mouse also appears (in puppet form) in the Disney Junior – Live on Stage! show in Hollywood Land.
Check your daily Entertainment Times Guide or the Disneyland app for showtimes.
Walt Disney World Resort
- Start your day with a wave from Mickey Mouse at the Magic Kingdom Welcome Show!
- Inside the Magic Kingdom, Mickey Mouse holds his Meet & Greet in the Town Square Theater on Main Street, USA. FastPass+ is offered for this experience.
- Mickey Mouse appears in front of Cinderella’s Castle for Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire stage show.
- See Mickey Mouse in the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade as well as in the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party parade.
- Mickey Mouse is one of the stars of Mickey’s PhilharMagic – a 3D video concert experience found in Fantasyland. FastPass+ is offered for this attraction.
Check your daily Times Guide or the My Disney Experience app for the schedules for the parades and showtimes.
- Meet Mickey Mouse at the Epcot Character Spot in Future World. FastPass+ is offered for this experience. If you are a Disney Visa Cardmember, there is also an exclusive character Meet & Greet that may include Mickey Mouse.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Meet Sorcerer Mickey Mouse at Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet Dreams in Commissary Lane.
- Make an Advance Dining Reservation for dinner with Mickey Mouse and friends at Minnie’s Seasonal Dining (currently “Minnie’s Holiday Dine”) at Hollywood & Vine restaurant in Echo Lake.
- Mickey Mouse also appears (in puppet form) in the Disney Junior – Live on Stage! show in the Animation Courtyard.
- End your night seeing Mickey Mouse use the power of his imagination to battle Disney villains in Fantasmic!
Check your daily Times Guide or the My Disney Experience app for showtimes.
- Meet Explorer Mickey Mouse at the Adventurer’s Outpost at Discovery Island.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Hotel
- Book an Advance Dining Reservation for Chef Mickey’s at this resort hotel and Mickey Mouse is one of the regular characters you are likely to meet here! So keep your camera and autograph book close by!
The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Book an Advance Dining Reservation for Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at this resort and Mickey Mouse is one of the regular characters likely to appear for photos and autographs!
As a young one, meeting Mickey Mouse was an absolute must do when I’d go to the park. And I’d still recommend it as a special, very Disney experience.
Happy Birthday, Mickey Mouse!
Have you encountered Mickey Mouse at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World Resorts? What was your favorite memory of seeing him?